Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Urban Rain Spats and Springtime




Ohhh, the intoxicating sights and smells of spring.  With spring in the Pacific Northwest comes more rain, bikes and skirts.  For me, I found myself inspired to make a knee-high spat AND for the wee one, a dino-themed spat; both with classic snaps up the side.  I used a technical fabric for the outer that is breathable & waterproof with a Lycra lining that wicks moisture.  A lil elastic at the top helps keep the spats in place and reflective piping increases visibility.  I have also played around with laminated cotton, vintage fabrics, wool, and tweed. Check them out!  Available through my Etsy Shop.


I don't mind the rain, but I do mind the muck.  The beauty of a spat, they protect you from that muck and peal off easily enough to reveal dry and clean boot, leg, pant or legging.  The knee-high spats are super cute with skirts. 

Next in the works... rain poncho that is bicycle friendly.  Become a fan on Facebook to keep up with this one-woman show and what fantastical and practical handmade clothing I am making. 

No comments:

Post a Comment