Monday, November 11, 2013

Urban Bike Spats for the Rain




Spats

Most of my creations are life inspired; and as y'all know my newest love is biking, it should come as no surprise that bicycle spats for rainy Portland are my newest handmade item.  


I made these using the same laminated cotton I make my art smocks with, BPA & PVC free. They are lined with a bamboo fleece.   A reflective piping runs down the length of the back of spat, giving you a bit more visibility. They snap on the sides for easy on and off with an adjustable elastic stirrup to help keep the spat in place.


I like the idea of playing with this design.  For instance, I think a knee-highed spat would be mighty protective from the elements and sassy. I also think a pair of these would come in handy with my wee one.  Adds more protection and definitely ups the style factor, if I do say so myself.


Currently I have these spats available through custom ordering on my Etsy shop.  PDF pattern is in the works. 

Become a fan on Facebook and stay tuned for more bicycle craftastik projects.

www.facebook.com/CRAFTASTIK 

No comments:

Post a Comment