Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Wool Firefighter Pocketed Fleece Lined Pants

Tis' the season for cold & damp in the Pacific Northwest. To prepare for the dropping temperatures I have been coming up with all sorts of projects for myself.  This is my first attempt at a lined pant for the wee one.  He was in need of some utility pants for his daily outdoor excursions.


Lil Guy wanted me to make him a pair of fire person pants and I wanted something practical he could wear for day-to-day use.  I picked a heavy weight, woven wool fabric in a vibrant red. This is a fabric that can take some abuse. 


The pants are lined with a light weight bamboo fleece.  Oh so soft and helps wick moisture too; not to mention adding warmth.


My favorite part about these pants are the reflective details and pockets.  Reflective piping is used around the fleece lined front pockets.


Two more pockets adorn the back of these pants.  Sturdy & plenty big to stuff all sorts of goodies in.


Of course, they needed some reflective leg stripes. These were iron-on and I'm thinking I might go reinforce with thread.


Lil Guy was very pleased with the results and even commented on the pockets.  Yes!  It always feels great to be appreciated for the love & sweat I put into his wardrobe.  As he grows, it's been fun getting more input from him & help in creating the clothes he wears.

Become a fan:
www.facebook.com/CRAFTASTIK

No comments:

Post a Comment