Monday, September 24, 2012

Check-In Monday & DIY, Spruce Up a Pair of Boots

It's check-in time Monday.  My week was full of taking care of a grouchy toddler. Boy is it hard to get stuff done with a teething kiddo that feels like crap, top molars to boot. I feel for him.  My goal was to have a bunch of stuff stocked in my Etsy store tonight, but I don't see that happening.  I guess that comes with the territory of working from home and having kids.  I'm just going to go with the flow and do what I can when I can.

Happy Autumn! Seasonal fun stuff happening at our house; Lil Guy and I completed are fall banner and are working on a nature table.  We were able to get out this afternoon for a much needed hike.  It was good for us, we needed to check-out with nature. It was peaceful beautiful day, good for the soul.  We found treasures for the nature table too!


I also have an easy DIY project for you!   A fun way to add some color to a pair of boots or shoes.  I had a pair of cowboy boots that were kind of boring and needed some sprucing up. 


What you will need:

* Elmer's Painters Marker, color of your choosing.
* Pair of  cowboy boots, or footwear of your choosing.
* Your imagination.

A common feature on cowboy boots is their stitching.  I simply took the paint marker in turquoise and colored inside the lines of the the stitching.  It was incredibly easy and I really love the results.  It gives an old pair of boots new life.  I can see using this pen to add small pops of color on all sorts of footwear.  A toe cap of color would be fun, or maybe add some new pizazz to a pair of old man shoes, or perhaps you want the heel to standout?  The possibilities are endless. 

I wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about my studio-to-be post and will be working on that this week.  Making a trip to Ikea on Wednesday and should have a fun tutorial for my Friday post, so check back later this week.  Hope everyone has a meaningful week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment