Friday, August 10, 2012

Owning Your Own Business

The fun and challenging part of owning my own crafting business is that I get to try on different roles in order to meet the needs of my business. Today I tried my hand at product photography. This particular role is very challenging for me because I don't have a great deal of experience with a camera, at least not yet.

What I thought was going to be an easy enough day taking photos became a little more challenging when I find out the nice camera isn't working.  Turns out it needs to be fixed and is now in the shop.  So, I need to get photos taken because I have a deadline for myself to get a certain amount of my handcrafted goods stocked in my Etsy store.  What's a lady supposed to do in a situation like this?  Well, turns out my iPhone takes pretty good pictures.  Not an easy camera to work with when you have to take a GAZILLION photo and it doesn't zoom.  It worked though, surprisingly so.  

Now that I have a decent batch of photos to work with, I have one less hurdle to clear as I begin to venture into the world of online sales.

www.missladyfingers.etsy.com




1 comment:

  1. I'm behind ya. You go girl! If anyone can do it you can!

    ReplyDelete