Thursday, August 9, 2012

And So It Begins


My name is Amanthus and I am the owner of Miss Ladyfingers. I am a creative lady living in a house with four guys; a mad fermented foods scientist husband-to-be, an introspective seventeen year old embarking on his last year of high school, a ever curious two year old and our saintly dog Granger.

We live on our work-in-progress urban homestead with chickens, veggie garden, grapes, blueberries, raspberries and various medicinal plants. We are trying to figure out how to preserve all of that to last year round. Well, not the chickens so much. We just eat less eggs in the winter. I dream of solar power, grey water systems, a goat, passive lighting and a bigger pantry... oh my dream list can go on and on. I'm a DIYer and I am just trying to figure out how to squeeze all my daily projects into one day. Most days I don't!

I make beautiful and practical handcrafted products with the Earth and environment in my heart. Being creative with my hands is deeply satisfying, while allowing for flexibility to balance family life. Life inspired, handcrafted goods. Also keeps this lady sane.

This blog is a place I will be documenting my creative journey and links to places I find inspiration. I hope you will join me.

1 comment: